The chambered system is a replacement for the conventional stone and pipe leaching bed. The chambers containing the distribution pipes are installed in 0.5 – 0.9 metre wide trenches. The pipes are not pressurized. Approximately the same length of trench is used as with the pipe system, only there is no crushed stone layer.
- Sites where access is a problem
- Alternative to gravel-filled trench
- Light-weight chambers can be hand-carried into position
- No imported sand or gravel needed. Made of high-density polyethylene
- Provides more infiltration surface area than a trench